Sunday, July 22, 2007

BarCampBankSeattle

This weekend I've been facilitating the BarCampBankSeattle conference. Jesse and I agreed to organize it as Open Space and we made the right choice. The participants have embraced the freedom and focus of the format and the quality of topics and discussions has been spectacular.

Yesterday morning there was the usual hesitation at the start as people adjusted to having so much responsibility along with the freedom, but by lunch nobody was asking me for permission, anymore. They just figured out the right thing to do, and then worked with others to get it done.

This morning I barely had time to get people into a circle before the passionate mob descended on the paper and pens to start creating the agenda for the day. After the disaster of facilitating a different event on Friday, I almost cried at the sight of so many excited, smart, creative people taking ownership and running.

A great event and I'm really looking forward to the next one!

1 comment:

wazaroff said...

Thanks Ben, it's a great way of conducting sessions. Many thanks!